VRS DirectForce Pro Compatible Steering Wheel Options
Many VRS DirectForce Pro (DFP) purchasers didn’t own a compatible steering wheel already, so they purchased one separately. VRS does not sell its own steering wheels yet, so we surveyed current DFP owners to see which steering wheels they purchased, and compiled the most popular solutions. Thank you to everyone who filled out the survey. We hope you find this list helpful!
To be compatible with the VRS hub clamp, the connection to the wheel/button plate must be a 3 or 6 screw 70mm PCD pattern. Most “Direct Drive/ OSW compatible” wheels will have this pattern. Some real-world steering wheels, and Fanatec/Thrustmaster wheels require an adapter.
Price differences often come down to build quality, materials, and functionality. VRS is NOT endorsing any of these products nor responsible for your customer experience, so please do your own due diligence.
Most popular wheels with buttons and paddles:
Popular solutions at 3 different price levels.
Lowest Cost ($):
- Polsimer F74 https://www.polsimer.pl/
- SRC Sport https://www.simracingcoach.com/en/contenido/volante-src-sport-suede/
- Thrustmaster P310 with SRC conversion kit
- Converted Fanatec wheels from SRM https://www.simracingmachines.com/WebShop/ready-to-go-wheels
- CubeControls Formula Sport https://cubecontrols.com/product/formula-sport-classic/
- MPI wheel https://maxpapisinc.com/product/mpi-simlab-mp14/
plus button box+paddles of choice
- Ascher F64 https://www.ascher-racing.com/shop/f64-usb/
- OMP wheel https://www.ompamerica.com/en_us/car-kart-parts/steering-wheels.html
plus button box+paddles of choice. They also offer lower cost wheels.
Full options list with various price points…
These are lists of manufacturers or distributors for different solution types. There is some overlap with the “most popular” list.
Wheel+Button plate+Shifters combo:
Distributors or manufacturers for complete solutions for steering wheels with buttons and paddle shifters. Many of these stores sell standalone button plates as well.
- Polsimer https://www.polsimer.pl/ ($)
- SRC https://www.simracingcoach.com/en/tienda/ ($)
- PSP Studio https://ebay.to/3qAkSOY or contact them on https://www.facebook.com/pspstudio20 ($)
- Cube Controls https://cubecontrols.com/ ($$)
- Simline https://www.ebay.com/usr/simline-gt?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 ($$)
- JacoberSimracing https://www.facebook.com/JacoberSimracing/ ($$)
- Innato https://www.innatosr.com/ ($$)
- Ascher https://www.ascher-racing.com/product-category/steering-wheels/ ($$$)
- FiTech custom steering wheels http://fi-tech.net/prices.html ($$$)
Popular steering wheels used in both sim and real racing. If you want a button plate and paddles, you’ll have to source those separately.
- Turn Racing https://www.turnracing.com/ ($)
also sell button plate combos
- NRG https://getnrg.com/collections/steering-wheels ($)
- Momo https://momo.com/en-us/momo-racing-steering-wheels ($)
- MPI https://maxpapisinc.com/product-category/products/steering-wheels/ ($$)
- Sparco https://www.sparcousa.com/vehicle-steering-wheels-competition ($$)
- OMP https://www.ompamerica.com/en_us/car-kart-parts/steering-wheels.html
they also offer lower cost wheels. ($$$)
Button plate standalone:
In addition to the companies listed that sell full solutions, these shops sell standalone button plates as well, to use with a steering wheel.
- Simcore https://simcore.com.au/STD20-WD/ ($$)
- Ricomotech https://www.ricmotech.com/ricmotech-products ($$)
If you already own a Thrustmaster or Fanatec wheel, or prefer to buy from one of those companies, you’ll need a DIY conversion kit:
sells Thrustmaster kits, and
sells Fanatec kits.
Contact them to confirm compatibility with the steering wheel.
- Thrustmaster https://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/tm-competition-wheel-addon-sparco-p310-mod.html ($)
- Fanatec https://fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheels/ ($$)
- Converted Fanatec wheels https://www.simracingmachines.com/WebShop/wheel-conversions ($$)
Optional accessory to allow convenient attachment/removal of steering wheels
- SRC https://www.simracingcoach.com/en/contenido/quick-release-src-aluminium-black/ ($)
The SRC QR will clamp to the motor shaft (with the shaft key included with DFP), so the VRS hub clamp would not be required
- Q1R https://www.simracingmachines.com/WebShop/q1r-base-side-with-70mm-wheel-side ($$) (most popular)
- NRG https://getnrg.com/collections/quick-releases ($$)
Confirm compatibility with NRG to make sure the screw holes line up
NRG also sells extender plates
- HRS Xero Play https://hrsims.com/products/xero-play-quick-release ($$$)
If you have specific questions about these products, please contact their respective distributor. Contact email@example.com for any suggestions for this list, or questions about VRS DirectForce Pro.